Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

oohh What A Night!!

Hi all. I just wanted to say how incredible the weather/conditions were last night! I was planning on imaging The Whirlpool Galaxy, but I miscalculated where it would be in relation to very tall Trees in my front garden, so I settled on my backup target which was Bodes Galaxy. My goodness the skies were absolutely pristine clear of clouds, and the seeing seemed ok too. I managed almost 2 hours total exposure on my target. In fact, when all my battery Packs for DSLR had run out, and I had to pack up and go back upstairs to my flat, I actually wanted to wait to recharge batteries and go back outside again! It was 1:45am!! LOL. ( I haven't got work today ). But I figured I was just being greedy, and my chest was bad from cold air, so I stopped myself and just put everything out to warm up and de-humidify before packing them away in air tight containers. ( I always let my gear re-warm up after imaging if it's been cold, because the dew/moisture can cause terrible corrosion to equipment if you simply pack it all away whilst still damp ).

This data will go towards my image for the SGL DSLR Galaxy Imaging competition. I have ZERO chance of winning, but I am just so happy that I'm able to enter it in the first place! LOL.

I am still to process all the data, but I will obviously update the post with final image when completed!

Wes.

Edited by wesdon1
mistake with title for competition
  • Like 2

It was indeed a great night, just a shame about that great glowing cheese ball spoiling it. Good that you got some data to play with.

I'm just starting to process my efforts from last night's all-nighter. Not expecting much, never do!

The forecast is good for tonight too, but right now there is a high currus of expanded contrails covering the western 2/3rds of my sky. The forecasts have that moving back weat for another crystal clear, cheese ball illuminated, night.

And now I can't get that rather memorable song out from between my ears...Late December back in '63....

Nine monthe before I was born. Hmmm, no idea what they are singing about 🙊

• Haha 1