Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New Booties over Boggle Hole

I took this shot Wednesday night, in Yorkshire, about 9:15pm. It was dark. You can see the moon lighting up part of the rock on the left. The 450D was wearing the standard kit lens, at 18mm f/3.5 and the exposure was 13 seconds@ISO1600.

The lovely coloured double Nu Bootes is plainly visible in the top quarter and centre of the picture. I can also see Arcturus on the far right, Corona Borealis in the middle and the flowerpot asterism of Hercules (with M13).

I am not quite sure how we are supposed to show larger images than this.

post-13420-133877365971_thumb.jpg

Hi Themos,

I used Adobe CS4 but lens correction has been in the "series" for quite a while its under filter -> distort -> lens correction...

And then Just rotated the image (Image -> rotate canvas -> abitrary) whilst checking the horizon against a guideline.. I normally do a coarse adjustment then set it to say 0.1 degree and keep re-applyign it till its right... I then drag in 2 horizontal and 2 vetical guidelines to set the cropping... as the image has been pin-cushioned to correct the barrel distortion form the wideangle lens.

Like all these things they it a lot better to apply them to the hires image...

Peter...

My nikon D200 has a thirds grid that can be turned on inthe viewfinder or LCD, With the canons use a paiir of focus zone markers to give you a reference..

Glad you have found similar functionality in a GNU app as it's a nighmare trying to get a horizontal horizon at night... :)

Peter...

Archived