Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Powerstation, ecoflow or bluetti?

I'm planning on buying a Powerstation, I'm leaning more towards ecoflow river 2 max.

Ecoflow seems to have much better reputation and support if something happens to the Powerstation. But bluetti alittle cheaper.

Is ecoflow the way to go or do you have any other tips?

(I don't want to create my own Powerstation)

I have been satisfied with my Ecoflow River 300 until the last couple of times, so more than 2 years now. I had a low temperature discharge warning appear and the power station either shut off or just drained unexpectedly fast and died on me one night. I have since built a very simple insulative box around it from the packaging it came in + some tape and it seems to have done the trick. Even after a full night out in -10c it felt kind of lukewarm inside the box, i am guessing the battery produces a little bit of heat of its own so the insulation works really well.

The River 300 is no longer being sold and has been replaced with the River 2. My River 300 is rated down to -20c and is built on a 28v battery natively, so the voltage can be regulated downwards to 13.6v even in very cold environments and when the battery has lost most of its charge. The newer River 2, as far as i can tell, is natively 12.8v and rated only to -10c so you will definitely need to build some kind of insulative box with that. At least would think so, its of course possible the newer version is just better since it has the new LiFePo cells but seems a bit iffy to me that they have decided to rate it only down to -10c.

Just thought to mention it since it seems you too will be using it mostly in a cold environment based on your location. Have looked at a new power station myself and it seems there really arent any sold at the moment that advertise use down to -20c, so insulating the battery might be necessary anyway.

• Like 1