Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ASIAIR Plus + AVX mount = DISASTER!

Ever since the last firmware update my AVX mount randomly disconnects at various times from the ASIAIR plus. Last night this happened a dozen times before I decided it was time to give up. This is the third time I’ve tried since the update. Totally frustrated! Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Has any other AVX user had these issues???

I have rarely come across this, and it was always due to my tomfoolery, once I had mistakenly used a 2.5mm barrel connector for the power in, that would cause reboots of the ASIAir Plus, other times due to poor USB cables and hubs. I really doubt that it was directly caused by the upgrade, but in my cases it was a consequence of it (i.e. I took it off and put it back on differently).

I assume you updated the firmware of the asiair and that is the only change you have made since it was working?

Try rolling back the firmware on the asiair unit back to factory, the option is in one of the menus when connected to it via the app.

You'll need to source an older version of the app because when you connect again to the air after rolling back, you'll be forced to update the firmware again.

I had numerous issues when I updated my pro and mini via v2.0 of the app, since rolling both back they've been working fine.

For some unknown reason zwo only make available the current version of the app. I luckily found an older 1.9 beta version on an older phone so used that one, as it was released before the mini was released there's no firmware update for the mini whilst using that app version. Unsure about what policy they'll have about people making available older ones for download.

1 minute ago, Elp said:

For some unknown reason zwo only make available the current version of the app. I luckily found an older 1.9 beta version on an older phone so used that one, as it was released before the mini was released there's no firmware update for the mini whilst using that app version. Unsure about what policy they'll have about people making available older ones for download.

I suppose I should try 2.1 first. If I have 2.1 on my phone, does the Air itself need to be updated. Does it need to be connected in station mode if so?

When your phone WiFi is connected to your asiair, you then open the app and after the new splash screen introduced in v2.0 and you go into the device, the first screen will show that there is a firmware to update on the asiair if one is available. 

Don't think station mode has anything to do with it, as long as the asiair is detected as being on the controller device WiFi network, hence connected to the device.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elp said:

When your phone WiFi is connected to your asiair, you then open the app and after the new splash screen introduced in v2.0 and you go into the device, the first screen will show that there is a firmware to update on the asiair if one is available. 

Don't think station mode has anything to do with it, as long as the asiair is detected as being on the controller device WiFi network, hence connected to the device.

Ah OK, thanks. I thought it would need an Internet connection to download something. 

As long as you have the app version which is around 600-700Mb I think it's all in there, but most of that space I think is for the stellarium. They have in the past released small Mb app versions.

I tried a new cable, no luck. Currently I'm trying to power the AVX separate from the AIR. First try I had one disconnect. However, my second try is still running. I'm going to see if I can leave everything running and then try to image tonight. I'm not optimistic.