Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mirror lock on 350D

Graham,

I don't think the mirror lock is a timed function. On mine, once you set it, you press the shutter release once to raise the mirror, then the shutter release a second time to start the exposure. Immaterial how long you wait between first and second presses.

Anyway, to get at this, press the MENU button (you must be in M or P mode, auto mode won't let you do it). Press the right arrow until you get to the fifth menu along, beginning with 'Language' etc. The fourth item down is 'Custom Settings'. Go to that one and one of the items you step to is 'Mirror Lock'. But it's only an ENABLE/DISABLE option, no reference to a time.

Hope this helps.

I believe you may be able to set the pause time via software and a shutter release cable connected to a serial port. It all depends whether the software is capable of handling mirror lockup, otherwise you'll just end up with a pause as long as your exposure time and only collect 1/2 the actual captures that you'd asked for.

Archived