SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

IC410 Tadpoles in SHO

Budgie1

Finally, some clear nights and it's the weekend! :hello2:

I decided on IC410 because I've imaged this target in the past with my ASI294MC Pro but I haven't really been that pleased with the results. This time I decided to use the Atik 428EX and do some SHO to try and bring out the tadpoles better, which it has done nicely. Also, it seemed an apt target because we had the first spawn in our pod this week. :D

Anyway, this is a total of 9 hours & 15 minutes over the 24th & 25th Feb, consisting of:

• Baader 7nm Ha - 44 x 300s
  • Baader 8.5nm Oiii - 34 x 300s
  • Astronomik 12nm Sii - 33 x 300s

Kit used: Atik 428EX with Atik EFW2 on a SkyWatcher Evostar ED80DS Pro with 0.85 FR/FF and HEQ5 mount.

Captured with APT & PHD2, stacked & processed in PI.

C's & C's welcomed. :D

IC410_Tadpoles_9h15m_SHO_25022023-1.thumb.png.33cafedf83cde5addcf200484d019d0a.png

Edited by Budgie1
Spelling
  • Like 7

Thanks Carol, I think my focus could have been a little better but this is only the fourth image I've taken the 428EX and with a mono camera, so I'm still getting used to it. I do like the results with it though, and the smaller sensor on 428EX gives a different FOV than my ASI294MC.

• Like 1

• Budgie1 changed the title to IC410 Tadpoles in SHO