Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Markarian's chain 4 pane mosiac - March '09

Whippy

This has been by far and away the most annoying thing I've ever done! This has pushed my basic processing skills much more than anything else I've done, which is no bad thing in some ways as it forced me to learn a couple of new tricks but also incredibly frustrating plus I've really quite busy with life in general so the upshot is that it's taken me far longer to do this than the normal day or two it takes me to get something I'm happy with. Even so, this is far from perfect but I'm so sick of looking at it, I've had enough!

Anyway, Markarian's Chain. One pane taken on the 23rd of March whilst the rest was taken on the 27th. Total exposure time 6 hours (2 hours each pane on the chain itself (bottom right, top left), 1 hour each on the other two) All taken with a WO ZS66, Atik 16hr with IDAS and IR cut filters. Guided with a WO ZS110, QHY5 and PHD atop an EQ6 pro. Stacked in DSS and hour upon hour of processing in Photoshop.

Hope you like it.

Tony..

post-13439-133877365624_thumb.jpg

Nice one Tony....

These have got to be a labour love... I havent had a decent night to progress my idiuotic plan since the night of the intial trials...

I did find that Registar is the Mosiac builders equivalent of an epidural though with a few heady wiffs on Entonox thrown in for good measure... it takes away a lot of the pain ...

Peter...

Archived