SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Rose of the day

sinbad40

14 hours ago, Cozzy said:

Very well processed,  it  has  a lovely visual depth to it. 

Tim

Thank you, getting to grips with the capture side, probably still needs more as this was around 80 x 5min with L-Enhanced, the PI side has been a lot of guessing and plenty of vids watched on the different ways to attack it.

What equipment did you use to capture your data? Mount/scope/ camera/ Number of frames, exposure times etc, etc.👍

It gives others an idea of how you have achieved what you have and maybe learn from that and/or give you any pointers they may have.

Trial and error is great it gets you going around all the processing possibilities in your software and seeing what works, the trick is remember what you did😄

Tim

3 hours ago, Cozzy said:

What equipment did you use to capture your data? Mount/scope/ camera/ Number of frames, exposure times etc, etc.👍

It gives others an idea of how you have achieved what you have and maybe learn from that and/or give you any pointers they may have.

Trial and error is great it gets you going around all the processing possibilities in your software and seeing what works, the trick is remember what you did😄

Tim

It was taken with the Sky-Watcher Evostar 80ED DS-Pro on the HEQ5 pro (rowan belt mod self fitted), the Altair Hypercam 533CTEC camera with an Optolong L-Enhance filter, its around 78 x 5 min subs, gain 500, off set 120 using NINA, tend to use 300 gain if not using that filter.  Guided with the 50ED and IMX224.

Tried a few different ways of doing things in PI, but try to use the histogram to stretch, not just the nuke button, and found a few good vids on doing things like HDR etc.  Once i have some more data, I will have another go and see what else i can get out of it before the next target, and will probably do some more changes to make it pop more, I like darker sky behind it, and usually end up doing to much clipping at the moment :(

Darks, flats and dark flats used, the flats and dark flats are around 12 seconds, I have found that if i use a shorter time on the flats, then it doesn't always give a very even lightness.  Again using the pro filter that drops to 4.5 seconds

Edited by sinbad40