Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What should I buy to start imaging with a Celestron 8SE with wedge

59 minutes ago, Trevor Matthews said:

suggest an astro camera

A Zwo 585mc or it's predecessor the 485mc are pretty decent or similar camera from the likes of Player One or Risingcam.

But as mentioned above imaging with an SCT isn't easy if you've never done it before. What issues did you have with the Celestron camera, as buying a new camera might not be the solution at present.

• Like 1

Sounds like your focus position was incorrect. I'd try it again with your current camera, an SCT is quite forgiving in terms of focus travel (as there's a hell of a lot of it) and backspacing, you'll have to do some searching but I found when using the F6.3 reducer my C6 backspacing (distance from reducer lens to camera sensor) is around 105mm (yours is likely different), it doesn't even have to be bang on unlike a refractor, and then try to reach focus with the focus knob. It's even easier if you try on the moon without the reducer as it's a larger target. 

• Like 1