Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Click lock adapter

Hi all.

At the moment on my dob I'm using the standard 1.25 and the 2" adapter's. 

I would like to get a twist lock adapter in a 2" , will I  still need to use the 2" adapter and will I have enough inward and outward travel to focus. 

Any help or links on which one would be appreciated. 

Dave

I’m not sure so I would query with your supplier but l believe there may be two options. I think that your focuser has a silver draw tube, with a black ring screwed to the top of it into which you place either the 1.25" or 2" adaptors. If you want to leave that black ring in place then I think you want the S57 dovetail version:

S57 dovetail clicklock

However, if you remove that black ring and the silver draw tube has an M54 thread on the inside of the tube then you can use the M54 version:

M54 clicklock

To use 1.25” eyepieces you would use the 2”-1.25” adaptor in one of the 2" clicklocks:

2”-1.25” clicklock

To determine whether you can focus, measure the length of the parts you will be removing. The clicklocks are about 30 mm and the 2" - 1.25” uses another 9.5mm so you can compare what you are removing to what you are adding to determine how much focuser travel you need.

Edited by Ricochet