Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

HELP!! Dovetail to OTA ?

Daz1969

Hi all, Can anybody help ?

Have got me a new HEQ5 Pro to mount my Celestron C8 OTA to.

Just recieved my skywatcher dovetail bar from the nice folks at FLO (The one for an 8inch SCT)

MY problem is - It dont fit !

As you can see from the first pic ,there is one hole at the front of OTA and 2 holes at the back.

Second pic shows the bar which is the right length etc but it has 2 holes at the front and 2 holes at the back,also the 2 holes at the back of the OTA are spaced wider than the width of the dove tail.

Do i have to drill the OTA to fit one of these and also what are radius blocks and do i need em?

I noticed other makes of dovetail mention radius blocks but dont know what they are for.

I emailed a couple of stores before buying and they both say this is the right dovetail for a HEQ5 / C8 combinating.

Am i missing something.

Cheers in advance:icon_salut:

Daz

post-15748-133877365448_thumb.jpg

post-15748-133877365456_thumb.jpg

hi Daz

i would check with steve at flo tomorrow but as far as i am aware that dovetail will not do the job as you need a special dovetail with radius blocks to suit the diameter of you celestron c8

adm on the flo site will show you what you need

i think what you have shown in your picture is more or less a std long dovetail bar that you would use on an 8" newtonian for instance, and even if it did fit to be honest it would introduce to much flex to your system with such an heavy ota

i hope that helps :)

• 9 months later...

Archived