Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC2118 - The Witch Head Nebula

Zummerzet_Leveller

Here's 10hrs 50mins of data on the Witch Head Nebula, taken over 3 nights after it pops above my neighbours house and then before it drops below 20 degrees.  I was looking towards my local town so there was a fair gradient.  Taken in 300s exposures with the 2600MC and the Baader Moon & Skyglow filter.  I used the Redcat51 on my slightly tweaked AVX mount.  I've flipped the image to give the classic Witches face.

I think my backspacing with the Baader filter is off as stars seem to have some fringing that I've tried to control (or I need a better broadband LP Filter).  All processed in Siril, Gimp, StarnetV2 and Topaz.  C&C welcome.

Final_1_low.jpg

2023-01-29T15.33.42.png

• Like 16

8 minutes ago, James said:

I like that :) - I’ve been trying to capture this but am being defeated, so far, by massive gradients from nearby light pollution etc. Then again you have about 8 hours more data than I do!

Thanks James.  I too had some annoying gradients.  Just integration time to get the data and the pretty good gradient tool in Siril.  Isn't 10hrs with a OSC equivalent to 2hrs with a Mono... 😉

image.thumb.png.c1d1acc4e7d59601bc5b40596d5e9c8e.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zummerzet_Leveller said:

Thanks James.  I too had some annoying gradients.  Just integration time to get the data and the pretty good gradient tool in Siril.  Isn't 10hrs with a OSC equivalent to 2hrs with a Mono... 😉

image.thumb.png.c1d1acc4e7d59601bc5b40596d5e9c8e.png

Hmmm… not sure about that 😊 maybe I’ll have another look at my data :)

• Haha 1