SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

starless images

Les Tilly

It's arty Les, but i'm not keen personally.

It's tedious to do, but doing a reduce stars layer with each stretch iteration is possibly the most effective way I think.

The reduce stars tool in Noels tools takes your original image, doubles it in size, reduces the size of the star with a minimum filter, then shrinks back to original size, (bit more to it than that, but thats the basic).

On my shots with the OSC qhy8, I often wish I could take the stars just as they appear after the first levels and stretch, nice, crisp, colourful and clean, and apply them to the final image. There must be a way.......just haven't found it ;)

Nice monkey btw

Thought I recognised the characteristics of the plugin... for the starless one the remnants of the ones in the neb need to be sorted as well... I like the second one...

TJ - Sounds like a job for star masking and taking them onto a separate layer with a transparent background ... and dropping them back in maybe... OK thats probably a massively over simplistic view of the process...

Archived