Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Can AVIs be loaded up

Keithp

Hi everyone, can anyone tell me if avi files can be loaded up. I got some of the moon I did over the weekend which I chopped down in size to 6000KB. Would that be too big?

Regards

All

Yes you can load up an AVI into your gallery which is part of your profile or you can make the image an attachment to your post.

Gallery files are limited to 5MB and attachments are 2GB with upto four attachments per post.

Is there any particular reason that you want to post a video image of the Moon as you could use a free program called Registax to stack each frame of the video resulting in a still picture that is the average of them

Regards

Kevin

Hi Kevin, thanks for moving the question to the right forum. The reason was I wanted to ask some queries about the avi, at the resolution I was achieving I could see a shimmer as the moon panned across and wondered if this is a result of what is referred to as the 'seeing'. I've tried Registax with mixed results, ever tried tracking high mag with a dob?;)

Regards

Archived