Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Monkey head

simmo39

A suprising clear night last night ( fog was forecast ) and I was going to add to my Spaghetti Neb image but I thought I need a break and after a quick search for a brightish target I went for the Monkey head. This nebula I did many years ago and was one of the first targets I did. This is 49 x 240s subs taken with my ASI 2600mc and Optolong Ex through my Askar 400.

I did one as a straight HOO crop and another as a false SHO image. I think the HOO is a little better to look at.

52641719492_b184e89832_b.jpg

52642485634_1365578a8e_b.jpg

Hints tips and CC welcome

• Like 7

Hi Simmo
In my point of view, both pictures are suffering from too much green.
The stars on the HOO is too green and on the yellow version both stars and background is too green.
On the yellow version you can also change the colors on the background, decrease the colors a little on the blue and increase a little on the red.
If you are using Pixinsight and have Starnet2 you can extract the stars from the yellow version and put them on the HOO version instead I think this will give you nicer stars.

I am no expert but I did a quick color adjusment on the false SHO
Adjusted.jpg.63858c8776d019ce54316c47920f1a9b.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ceph said:

Hi Simmo
In my point of view, both pictures are suffering from too much green.
The stars on the HOO is too green and on the yellow version both stars and background is too green.
On the yellow version you can also change the colors on the background, decrease the colors a little on the blue and increase a little on the red.
If you are using Pixinsight and have Starnet2 you can extract the stars from the yellow version and put them on the HOO version instead I think this will give you nicer stars.

I am no expert but I did a quick color adjusment on the false SHO
Adjusted.jpg.63858c8776d019ce54316c47920f1a9b.jpg

Hi and thanks for the tips, Ill give it a try later and see what I get. I seem to have a lot of comments about green on a lot of my posts I think my computer screen colours may be slightly off.