Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help boosting HA

I'm looking for a bit of collective wisdom from people on how I can boost the HA element in the attached image of the Triangulum galaxy that I'm currently working on. I can see there is more HA in there to come from the spiral arms as the pinks / reds are already subtly visible. I just don't know the best way of boosting them a little without adversely affecting the rest of the image. For info the processes I've followed to get this far are :
DBE, SPCC, Blur X, Noise X, Starnet 2, GHS (Colour enabled) stretches, HDR Multiscale transform on the core.

Any advice gratefully received!

Triangulum starless.jpg

It's all in the eye of the beholder, as they say.

To my eye the contrast of the image is low, the bright core of the galaxy is only at about 50%.

Red and saturation are low, just boosting those brings up the Ha.

I expect there are more subtle tweaks that would improve Ha.

Triangulum.jpg.2798e33a809edd257edfdd95eb08073e.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks Michael, so to increase contrast should I be doing something different in GHS, just pushing the initial stretch more or something else?
also curious about red being low, does SPCC not make R, G, and B correct relative to each other? Maybe I'm not fully understanding what SPCC does... 

Thanks
Ed