Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

plate solving

sinbad40

quick question before i start trawling through docs.

I currently connect my pc to my handcontrol, and hand control to the mount.  All works as needed, but by doing it this way, can i use plate solving?  I don't have the RJ45 - USB cable, so would i need to set the handcontrol into PC mode to allow something like NINA to do full control and allow plate solving for now?

I also want to get away from using the ST4 port for guiding, so may make a difference to that as well.

Thanks for that, just going to set it up in a room for now and give it all a try as is, see what it comes up with.  Would like to keep the hand controller in the loop for when i want to just do visual, without having to un-cable things.  Still building the mini PC for it, so going through the full range of setup tests.

Thanks for all the input, I have managed to get it working, and how much easier does that make life,,,,,,,, Almost.  All connected, slew via Stellarium, data taken from Stellarium into framing, plate solved, sorted. ha ha ha.

Followed by Stellarium freezing and crashing, but got round that, followed by PHD not wanting to align.  Shutdown Nina, restarted PHD and running, so something is not set right with the control somewhere, but been interesting pushing though.

Now have it doing images of the Monkey Head, tracking around 0.5-1.0, while sat in a warm room with a weekend beer, so happy for now.  Snagging can be done as i learn.

15 minutes ago, sinbad40 said:

Followed by Stellarium freezing and crashing, but got round that, followed by PHD not wanting to align.  Shutdown Nina, restarted PHD and running, so something is not set right with the control somewhere, but been interesting pushing though.

Normal night imaging then😁

• Like 1