Meade LX200 12" GPS Software Help

Thanks in advance for any help.

I put my Meade up for sale as it hasn't ben used in years, I then decided to reset the mount and update the firmware, unfortunately the firmware did not finish updating ( Windows Bootcamp on a Mac)

Now the Hand control ( Brand New) does not come on when attached to the Mount and I am unable to reinstall the Firmware.

I have followed most of the tutorials on the web, attaching the 505 cable to  computer via the RS232 port, and running the firmware update through the autostart update.

So far no joy in getting the firmware on, No display on the hand control so can't use that.

I can control the Mount using RS232 port connected to the MAC using a virtual hand controller, can't remember the name off hand, so the mount works fine.

Thanks in advance

IMG_8877.jpg

IMG_8879.jpg

IMG_8881.jpg

So the handset only stopped working after the update ?

Did you update with the free StarPatch updater, or the dodgy Meade ASU updater ?

There are Safe Load techniques you could try.

Andrew Johansen is the expert on these sort of problems.

If he doesn't respond here try posting in the Meade section of the USA Cloudy Nights forum, where he's OzAndrewJ.

Michael

22 minutes ago, michael8554 said:

So the handset only stopped working after the update ?

Did you update with the free StarPatch updater, or the dodgy Meade ASU updater ?

There are Safe Load techniques you could try.

Andrew Johansen is the expert on these sort of problems.

If he doesn't respond here try posting in the Meade section of the USA Cloudy Nights forum, where he's OzAndrewJ.

Michael

Handset only stopped working after the update, and yes it was the dodgy Meade ASU updater 😒

Thanks for the info Michael , will try USA Cloudy Nights.

Pat