NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Copernicus - 4th April 09

jamesFSO

Hi JAmes ,

The new "forum" does seem a bit hit and miss when it comes to handling images that you "attach" I think it may handle externally linked images differently...

I sadly lament the Demise of UKAstronomers which was a fantastic resource for the Imaging community long may it RIP...

If you don't mind sharing the info what are the imaging details James as I am just trying to get into Luna myself...

Peter...

To my eyes, only the thumbnail looks oversharpened - the large image when you click on it looks fine?

My guess is, its something to do with jpgs and resizing them - UK Astronomers also suffered from the same problem with certain images. Everytime a jpeg is saved, quality is lost....

Grant,

can you tell me how to get around this problem ???

originally files a .tif but i guess that would be too big.

I've been a member for a couple of years and love this site, but

this is really frustrating.

any help would be appreciated.

JJ

Aha - turns out, the software sharpens jpg images to make up for them being made into thumbnails, I've customised the code a bit and taken the sharpening out, would you mind attaching that image again and seeing if its any better?

Cheers,

Grant

Hi James

At the moment I get low frame rate 2048x1536 24 bit uncompressed images streamed to the HDD... ok if the seeing is good but not much good for boiling conditions...

If I can get the SDK of the manufacture and get my mate to right the app then should be able to get up to 93FPS at 640x480 uncomprerssed... although I need to play with the "microscopy" software as it supports binning to lower resolutions and in camera "averaging" and capture to "memory" rather than HDD...

I have given up on the "astrophotogrpahy" app that came with the cameraa s It had several major issues... not least was no easy way to accurately set the exposure time.

Yesterday it took me 15-20 minutes to set the exposure and then 4 mins to capture the data for a 23 pane hi res mosaic...including the slewing...thats "sorted" in the "Microscopy" app though as I can now directly enter exposure times etc...

Peter...

What camera is it ? ... 93fps would be frelling fast !!!! like to see the results on that.

Im just a lunar man, I used to experiment with DSO's, Sun etc, but this is my passion.

I've got about 20 or so images still to process, so will be posting up alot this and next week. Shame about the seeing on Sat night, it's one of the best phases.

Keep your images coming ! ;)

JJ

Camera is an Opticstar 318CU-T well actually its a Micrometrics 318CU... the 93 FPS is a theoretical max but i have found out that using the Microscopy apps you can burst capture to "ram" which is ok provided you have enough and have set it up as an image cache and remember to save the images to HDD ... you have the option of disk , ram or both...

Peter...

Archived