Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Maybe the start of a new journey?

I am thinking of starting to dip my toes into astrophotography, I have little budget for a camera so I went to Orion and found two cameras for under 175£, I want to shoot simple planetary shots and some deep space, the telescope I might use this on is a 70mm f/10 refractor, or a 100/114mm reflector.

I don't want world class images, but just want a few simple pics, so here are the cameras that I found:

https://www.telescope.com/Orion/Orion-StarShoot-3mp-Solar-System-V-Imaging-Camera/rc/2160/p/130983.uts?sortByColumnName=SortByPriceAscending

And:

https://www.telescope.com/Orion/Orion-StarShoot-Mini-12mp-Color-Imaging-Camera/rc/2160/p/134986.uts?sortByColumnName=SortByPriceAscending 

The first one seems good enough but the second one seems to be really good, just that there are no reviews of it on the Orion site.

Any and all advice is appreciated!

Edited by spacedobsonian
Clarity

Hi

Those aren't cameras I'm familiar with. Planetary images are possible with a static mount though it's easier if for example the Moon is fully within the telescope/camera field of view. For planetary a high frame rate is good.

If the IMX225 is the newer version of the IMX224 used in the ASI224MC then there are lots of users and reviews of that camera

• Like 1