Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My First Moon of 2023

Mandy D

I wasn't expecting very much tonight when I saw how hazy the sky was, but captured the sharpest image of the Moon I have managed to date. I'm just not sure that there isn't something wrong, it looks so sharp. I've done nothing more than stack the best 50% of 94 images, no post-processing at all after that. Any experienced astro-photographers care to comment?

DSC_8922_Luna_20221111__lapl5_ap337_conv.png

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Mandy D said:

@Mart29 Nice! You certainly have some detail there. The sky looks really hazy to me, yet we are capturing good data. I was going to go after the night-time part of the Moon, but no chance with the haze.

Wish I had stayed out but the warmth called me! Did you use the dob for the moon?

52 minutes ago, Mart29 said:

Wish I had stayed out but the warmth called me! Did you use the dob for the moon?

No, I used a 300mm prime lens and x2 teleconverter on the Nikon D800. I can't move the telescopes at the momeent, due to back problems. I would have loved to get the RC on it with a x2, as that would give me 2740mm FL.

• Like 1