Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Talentcell

Hi all my small celestron lithium power pack has start to play up so I ordered this 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TalentCell-PB240A1-Rechargeable-22400mAh-82-88Wh/dp/B07CBVKJ8X/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3F66KOMREM4KM&keywords=talentcell&qid=1672582792&sprefix=%2Caps%2C254&sr=8-2

I am running a HEQ5PRO mount but this power pack said it's 12 volt 2 amp ? But some reviews say it ok up to 9 amp ? So bottom line is will this work my mount ? 

Amazon reviews these days are best regarded as works of fiction.

Also reality, and seller product descriptions don't always concur.
A glance at Talentcell web site showed it should provide a stable 12V @ 2A.

Take note the watt hour rating is similar to a 12V 7Ah pack, for those more familiar with lead acid power packs.
However, this converts 3.7V to 12V via a switching regulator - with conversion losses.
This means the pack is not as good capacity as an 'old fashioned' powerbank.

What does the HEQ5 take when slewing with an off balance load?
According to Mr Skywatcher the mount requires 2 amps under unspecified conditions.

All looks a bit on the edge to me.

HTH, David.

Edited by Carbon Brush
Additional info

Hi I did get an answer back from talentcell they said it's 12 volt / 2 amp but will let you pull 3 amps , so may have to see how it does if it can't do the mount it will just be used on the dew strip which is 5 volt has its own stepper up to 12 volt 

• Like 1