Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SvBony SV105 software control question

Looking for any tips on this one please. 
I’ve used ZWO cameras in the recent past and had no problems using SharpCap (3.2 or 4) in Windows running via Parallels on MacOS. 

I picked up this entry level planetary cam this week, but struggling to enable some of the expected control options in the software. 

https://www.svbony.com/SV105

The camera is recognised and can take images - I recorded a sequence of Mars last night, but the camera control pane is limited- only shows frame rate. No exposure, gain or other control available. 

Result is a very bright overly exposed image. 

The cam is recognised as a webcam technically, and no driver required, but I checked and downloaded latest anyway, and also upgraded SharpCap. 

Not sure what the issue is. I tried using oa Capture on the MacOS side, and there the SV105 is recognised, appears in available camera options when attached via USB2,  but when selected returns an error message stating could not connect. maybe computer issue rather than the cam, but other systems have been working. 

Any advice welcome 🙏

I've got an SV105 and use it (occasionally - keep meaning to upgrade!) with SharpCap 4.0.9268.0 in Windows. Exposure, gain, contrast are all available and work okay. The camera is pretty limited but I've no problem in SharpCap so it might be in the Windows<>Mac conversion?

Edited by heathenwoods
  • Thanks 1