Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC1396 - First full LRGB Project with new setup

AMcD

Over the past six months I have been upgrading my equipment.  I have replaced my QHY8 with a QHY268M and have replaced my TS Optics 152 Individual achromat with a second-hand TS Optics 130 Photo Line Triplet APO mounted on my Losmandy G11 reconditioned with high torque motors and one-piece worm blocks.  This is the product of my first proper project with this set up. 

The image represents approximately 16 hours of integrations comprising 4 hours each of L, R, G and B under Bortle 5 skies.  The integrations were acquired using SGPro, calibrated, stacked and processed in PixInsight and finished in Photoshop.  I had some problems with my flats, particularly on the R, G and B channels but, overall, I am quite pleased.  Constructive criticism always welcome 😀

IC3096LRGBNovember2022.thumb.png.96973c3bd70d43be237816c4d7aca25e.png

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Tomvictor said:

That is a very fine image sir. Did you use a field corrector on the Photo Line 130?
No Ha data?

Thank you for your kind words.  Yes, I have a TS Optics 2.5” Field Flattener on the TS130.  No h-alpha used in this image.  I am going to try integrating some h-alpha into the red channel on my next target - if the clouds ever clear!