NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter and Mars - 16-11-22

Simon128D

Brilliant blue sky day with assured clear skies for the majority of the night had me hyped for more imaging. 
This time I pulled out my 14" Skywatcher Flextube GOTO. 

I did some tweaking to the base as slewing and tracking were getting stiff and bad, thus wanted to test my repair work. 
I got all setup and was imaging by 18:30. 

Everything started great with good to very good seeing but as the evening drew in the moisutre issues begun and I was battling dew on my secondary all evening until eventually the fog rolled in just as I was getting my first grab at Mars. So Mars was a one and done attempt but I at least got 60k frames and was an okay result in the end. 

I was mighty surprised by how nice this scope is to image with. I do love fast mirrors and found working with this 14" f4.7 miorror so much easier than my CPC1100. The brighter, cripser image is what jumps out at you first. 

Anyway, below are my best results for the night. 

image.thumb.png.22d66fdc5ba72954ff2e964649c105fc.png

image.thumb.png.e529a1f7a404f750878205d731d76c42.png

image.thumb.png.7aa8c20d473c2fc1a4cd9145fc1b6de3.png

Edited by Simon128D
  • Like 12

Thanks Kon, yeah the very start had the best seeing and from my first caputre onwards it was a fight against building moisture that then turned into heavy fog. I imaged Mars thorugh light cloud and a lot of low ground mist. My scope was soaked and kept having to blow dry the secondary mirror. At least the struggles were not all for naught 

• Like 1