SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mars - Nov 13th

JokubasJar

Marszfinishedlabeled.png.0e9d4f22514f509000c2ab8c62edfa50.png

Mars two nights ago, seeing was pretty bad during capture but still managed to pull some detail. Captured in FireCapture, Aligned in PIPP, stacked in AutoStakkert 3, processed in Registax 6. Final touches in Gimp. The rind on the the western limb was pretty bad so I tried that two layer method where you have an unsharpened and blurred version of the image beneath the sharpened image, and then you manually erase the rind on the top layer, hence the unsharpened layer shows through. It made the colors there a bit weird but its a lot better than the original image. Looking back I probably should have color matched the unsharpened layer to the sharpened layer, will remember to do that next time. Otherwise than that I think its pretty decent for a serious first time doing Mars. Also decided to change my image description format up a bit so it looks more minimalistic and less cluttered.

• Like 11

Nice Mars. I used to do the layers approach but it smoothened it a bit. What I do now is to select below the rind, invert the selection and play with the levels/brightness and you don't lose the sharpness.