NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Dew In TS GPU Coma corrector - Complete Nonsense

RolandKol

Hi guys,

Has anyone had problem like this?

In my case it's even worse... As I was not able to get rid of humidity inside the CC, so I removed the outer lense for cleaning...

(Lense was holding inside quite well even without a holding ring... So I had to shake a bit... holding CC upside down...)

Long story, short, - all lenses and spaceres inside the CC fell out of the CC tube/holder, flipped, mixed and.... I have no way to trace how to put them back in the correct order and side....

In request to help and to provide any guiding or scheme how to put all back into the CC tube/holder, TS Optics replied quite strange...

"they (the  manufacturer) would definitely have some informations about it, but due to trade and company secrets, they will not give any details, unfortunately."

FLO does not hold similar data also....

If anyone does, - I would be grateful as I will spend whole week or even two, by placing such a mount of lenses and spacers in the different orders and sides, plus focusing-testing, to figure out the correct order.

IMG_20221111_062742.jpg

Edited by RolandKol

23 minutes ago, AstroKeith said:

TS Optics are trying to protect their designs from being cloned. 

A quick google search produced this though.....

Thanks, - I saw this one,

but it has 4 lenses not 3, plus there is no lense as the middle one in the picture...

As per trade secrets, - if anyone would like to "Clone" the assembly of the lenses, it is not hard to do so, - simply by obtaining one example wich is easy to get for almost £300 :) so it does not make any sense....

Edited by RolandKol

Here are two 4 element designs. Quite similar in principle to the 3 element TS Optics design, so should give you some head start on the jigsaw.

Commercially. protecting a patent is much easier if you haven't knowingly or freely released the design.

Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 10.29.43.png

Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 10.30.38.png

1 hour ago, AstroKeith said:

Here are two 4 element designs. Quite similar in principle to the 3 element TS Optics design, so should give you some head start on the jigsaw.

Commercially. protecting a patent is much easier if you haven't knowingly or freely released the design.

Thanks again, - It looks like I will be made to play it all out in my "sandbox" solo...

Sorry,

I am still boilling inside after the email from TS...

as per "Design", - it is quite a different beast (at least in my understanding), I have not asked them for measurments, materials and etc, just a sequence of the spacers and the lens oriantation between them...
Whoever works with the optical instruments, probably would laugh, as they know which lens shape would go there and which direction they should face, sadly, I am not one of them.

In other words, a simple assambly cleaning/schematics is not even close to all the specs of the design and should be with the instrument inside the box....

These CC are not protected from any Dew and sooner or later, they will need cleaning (plus, 4 elements, locks the humidity inside quite well, - if it is inside, - case closed)...
In addition, - currently there are plenty of the similar "designs" to TS GPU... Maybe it is even the same manufactrurer "re-branding" them. Don't know.

To be honest, don't even care.

Edited by RolandKol

Wow,

my search has not given even close results :)

Thanks Vlaiv, you are the star as always!

P.S.

(lest hope it is the correct order, can you give a link if it's not copyright protected ot something? :) )

Edited by RolandKol

P.P.S.

I found online claims SW and TS GPU's are the same,

Lacerta guts, look (correction: almost) Exactly the same as TS...

Correction: as Some lenses are not shaded like Lacerta's.

so it is all the same... Looks like...

Edited by RolandKol

16 minutes ago, RolandKol said:

(lest hope it is the correct order, can you give a link if it's not copyright protected ot something? :) )

I just did google image search on "gpu coma corrector pal gyulai lens arrangement"

and that image came out.

However - when I click on that link, it takes me to a page that does not contain the image:

It is this page:

https://en.lacerta-optics.com/KomakorrF4_Aplanatic-Super-coma-corrector-for-f-4-and-f-5

Correction - it has that image, it is only "hidden" under "Photos and Support" tab (third tab after Description and Recommended).

It is even labeled as gpu lens sequence

• Thanks 1