NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Anyone Using The Atik 4000 camera ?

jcm

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok Dennis,

You win I will not be arguing with you anymore over your processing techniques, not because i agree with them but because an agreement between the two of us is all the threads reduce to.

I don't think though that any of your images are not pretty or that i would be unhappy to have any of them, it is just that we differ in opinion on the post process and there is no point arguing over it everytime someone asks about it.

I have been working with this sensor and although there has been problems optimizing it i feel the Terry Platt has been very helpful through and has give up his time on three separate occasions to fix the camera. fix here is a lose term as it works out of the box but we were fine tuning it's performance.

Atik offer the set point cooling and better control software i hear but that would not be too hard as the SXV H16 software is mince

ally

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone use the Atik 4000LE? Is the 2 peltier really a must have or only one is OK. I am looking at this camera and don't know if the different cooling system make a huge difference.

Any possibilities that one peltier will create more noise than having one?

Thanks to let me know

Jerry

Archived