Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Fumoto 8x40 Wide Angle 9 Degree Binos?

doublevodka

So I was having a rummage in the local charity shop and at Β£5 I couldn't turn them down, even without a case and caps. A little bit grubby and the screw under the IPD index mark was loose, but a couple of mins with a small screwdriver and a bit of a clean they seem all good πŸ‘

I've had a bit of a google but can't find any info about them other than a listing on worthpoint. They are marked GKA Japan with a serial number on the tripod screw cover but that's the end of my info.

Anyone know anything about them?

There is a suggestion on Bird Forum that they may be made in the same factory as Eagle Optics and others, likewise Monk Optics as the UK supplier of the Fumoto brand.

eagle-optics-fumoto-dowling-rowe.21951

ah ok, so can't post a link to bird forum, oh well.

Edited by DaveL59

On 27/10/2022 at 20:12, DaveL59 said:

There is a suggestion on Bird Forum that they may be made in the same factory as Eagle Optics and others, likewise Monk Optics as the UK supplier of the Fumoto brand.

eagle-optics-fumoto-dowling-rowe.21951

ah ok, so can't post a link to bird forum, oh well.

Thanks Dave, shame about the link

Was more out of curiosity anyway, for a fiver I'm very happy with them, a load lighter than either of my Zeiss ones and threaded so I can mount them πŸ‘Also a focus lock too

• Like 1