Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

AstroLandscapes #46 (The Aurora Files) - The Beauty of Her Dance

Water and aurora mix really well. I was after as many water-based scenes as I could find in Senja, but I also wanted to create some images that spoke to the special time my wife and I were having on this unexpected break together.

One night we combined the two just a few minutes drive from the cabin in which we were staying. We noticed this fishing jetty earlier in the day, alongside which was a lovely open hut, stacked with firewood, which was open to the public to come and enjoy a nice meal cooked over an open fire. The aurora was kicking off nicely and so after capturing the scene I wanted with my wife in the frame, we indulged in a selfie. 

The first image I called “The Beauty of her Dance”. Shot on a Canon 6D with Samyang 14mm f/2.8, foreground a 30s exposure at ISO3200 and f/4, and sky 6s at ISO6400 and f/2.8. Edited and blended in LR and PS. Same settings for the second “selfie” image, which I haven’t named. Enjoy!

95FA7406-0A15-4F2D-8E93-5369141FFF34.thumb.jpeg.b0c4f042ecb1ffd231feffe4010ddf35.jpeg

FB33E671-80BC-4754-B6A2-8C30A7CED989.thumb.jpeg.812cee512b15526ee26ff3c5d9eb8157.jpeg

• Like 11

42 minutes ago, clarkpm4242 said:

The only problem with these is that they don't feature me and my partner  :) 

Very happy to take commissions, Paul. 🤣 

Yes, it’s one of the more special pictures for me - some lovely memories caught up in it. 

• Haha 1