NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My first mosaic of any kind!

Rustang

I can list alot about whats bad about this image such as poor data due to seeing (this created a mix of soft and sharp areas also low and high contrast areas that dont really blend), horrible Newton's rings which I did my best to try and process out but to be fair I'm really happy with my first attempt at a mosaic. I didn't find it easy, its really hard to move about and hope you have all of the sun covered and the processing was tough but I have an image i'm pretty happy with and something to work on and improve.

Its made up of 9 panes, processed in AutoStakkert, IMPPG and Photoshop. Data captured on the 6th October.

FirstMosaicAttempt-B2.jpg

Edited by Rustang
  • Like 4

Well done! :thumbsup: 

9 panes is a lot! You captured a lot of proms as well.

Practice makes perfect. What software did you use for stitching it all together?

I use Ms ICE for combining images into mosaics.

Very easy to use and seems to do a good job regardless of the image type.

It can result in huge, final image files. So I resize and sometimes crop in PhotoFiltre afterwards.

• Thanks 1