Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help with William Optics Megrez 72 APO

Apologies if this isn't the right section to post, but it's been a while since I did any observing/photography with my WO Megrez 72. Last night I got everyhing set up and realized I hadn't put a new battery in for the digital display gauge. Rather foolishly I tried changing it in the dark. Whilst taking the cover off I was trying to keep hold so as not to lose the two screws, but heard something drop 😱. I doubt it was the screw as it's very small and I can't recall if there was anything between cover and battery. Long and the short of it is, if I can't find the screw does anyone know what size would be a suitable replacement? Also,  if anyone also has a digital display gauge on their 'scope, could you confirm whether there's anythinh between cover and battery?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

• Sad 1

Thanks.  I've managed to measure the remaining screw and it appears to be M1x1.5mm so I've ordered some as well as M1.2x5 (pan head in both cases) in case my measuring's not up to scratch.  I think the sound I heard must've been the screw hitting a plant pot or something as I searched the area the morning after and there was nothing that would have come from under the cover.

I'll post here to say if the screws are correct (in case anyone else loses one 😉