Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CloudSensorEvoPlus Safety Monitor

A320Flyer

I know its an old thread, but has anyone managed to get this working?

I have managed to get the find the Libraries, get the sketch uploaded and the Ascom driver installed. 

Nina, sees the driver but when the properties dialog is called it shows no device connected, even though I've selected the correct COM port.

The documentation mentions new firmware but i'm not sure of the difference between firmware and a sketch.

I think I'm on the cusp of getting it connected. I just need that little bit of help.

Cheers

Bill

I feel your pain, when through the process & eventually got it working to a point... struggle with poor (cheap) components & finding the correct libraries for the sketch to run properly! 

I may be able to help but I downloaded a bunch of libraries & didn't make any records of what worked!

Send me a PM if you like... 

Have you checked the functionality using Ascom Diagnostics? 

Peter 

Thank you so much for your offer to help.

The Ascom Conformance Tool shows 4 errors but I'm not sure what they mean. This is the log:

Start-up ASCOM Device Conformance Checker - Version 6.6.8048.17861 - 64bit mode
Start-up ASCOM Platform 6.5 SP1 6.5.1.3234

ConformanceCheck ASCOM Device Conformance Checker Version 6.6.8048.17861, Build time: 13/01/2022 08:55:24
ConformanceCheck Running on: ASCOM Platform 6.5 SP1 6.5.1.3234

ConformanceCheck Driver ProgID: ASCOM.CloudSensorEvoPlus.SafetyMonitor

Error handling 
Error number for "Not Implemented" is: 80040400
Error number for "Invalid Value 1" is: 80040405
Error number for "Value Not Set 1" is: 80040402
Error number for "Value Not Set 2" is: 80040403
Error messages will not be interpreted to infer state.

12:30:49.717 Driver Access Checks              OK       
12:30:50.670 AccessChecks                      OK       Successfully created driver using late binding
12:30:53.780 AccessChecks                      ERROR    Error connecting to driver using late binding: System.Exception: (OpenConnection) Can't open port
                                                       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.InternalLateSet(Object o, Type& objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean OptimisticSet, CallType UseCallType)
                                                       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateSet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean OptimisticSet, Boolean RValueBase, CallType CallType)
                                                       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateSet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments)
                                                       at Conform.DeviceTesterBaseClass.CheckAccessibility(String p_ProgId, DeviceType p_DeviceType) in J:\Conform\Conform\Devices\DeviceTesterBaseClass.vb:line 463

12:30:54.530 AccessChecks                      OK       Successfully created driver using early binding to ISafetyMonitor interface
12:30:57.546 AccessChecks                      ERROR    Error connecting to driver using early binding to ISafetyMonitor interface: (OpenConnection) Can't open port

12:30:57.655 AccessChecks                      OK       Successfully created driver using driver access toolkit
12:31:00.703 AccessChecks                      ERROR    Error connecting to driver using driver access toolkit: CheckDotNetExceptions ASCOM.CloudSensorEvoPlus.SafetyMonitor ConnectedSet System.Exception: (OpenConnection) Can't open port (See Inner Exception for details)

Conform is using ASCOM.DriverAccess.SafetyMonitor to get a SafetyMonitor object
12:31:00.812 ConformanceCheck                  OK       Driver instance created successfully

Pre-connect checks 
12:31:00.875 IsSafe                            OK       Reports false before connection

Connect 
12:31:03.953 Connected                         ERROR    .NET - Driver Exception: CheckDotNetExceptions ASCOM.CloudSensorEvoPlus.SafetyMonitor ConnectedSet System.Exception: (OpenConnection) Can't open port (See Inner Exception for details)

ConformanceCheck Further tests abandoned as Conform cannot connect to the driver
Conformance test interrupted by STOP button or to protect the device. 

Your driver had 4 errors, 0 warnings and 0 issues 

I'm still awaiting the actual components to arrive so I can build the unit.  I've successfully compiled the sketch (so must have the correct Libraries?) and uploaded the sketch to the Arduino. I've also installed the Ascom driver and NINA sees the driver (so must be installed correctly?). When I choose the "Ascom SafetyMonitor Driver for  CloudSensorEvoPlus" in NINA and select Properties, The following dialog box appears:

image.jpeg.c11b7dd717f9071a86389fa46abd1b9e.jpeg

It reports "Currently connected to Error"

This is where I'm stuck.

In the original post, the author say something about "make sure your firmware is updated". This is what I don't understand. Does "firmware" refer to the CloudSensorEvoPlus.ino and Commands.ino files? Or is there a separate firmware that needs to be installed on the Arduino?

Again, thanks for helping. If you'd rather do PM, thats fine. Just let me know.

Bill