NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Synscan V4 Screen

Anthonyexmouth

Would anyone here know where I could get a new screen for one of these? Mine is unused but in a freak accident a few weeks after buying my mount I dropped a screwdriver directly on the LCD panel and cracked it. I've never really needed it because I've always computer controlled but I was cleaning a drawer out and found it the other day and really wished I could repair it for a "just in case" moment. 

I've asked FLO in the past but they couldn't help. 

Happy with either sourcing a new screen or maybe someone out there has a dead hand control. Apart from the screen it's in mint condition. 

IMG_20220930_135822.thumb.jpg.6fbad4b3961fdcf357b50d53ce4e7528.jpg

I came across a similar post from a few years back by accident when I was looking for details unrelated to this issue.  I seem to recall the poster (on one of the other forums) was unable to locate a drop in replacement and had no choice but to shell out and buy a new handset.  

The screen appears to be  COG (chip on glass) which is a graphical screen and you would need to know the pixel array size and the controller used to ensure you get legible charters.  One other possibility is that Synta had these mass produced under its own specifications and is proprietary to the handset.  this SGL thread provides the part numbers which don't return much information, and if you read the last few posts you can see you are not alone, and that someone tried a similar display which didn't work.   

Edited by malc-c

39 minutes ago, malc-c said:

I came across a similar post from a few years back by accident when I was looking for details unrelated to this issue.  I seem to recall the poster (on one of the other forums) was unable to locate a drop in replacement and had no choice but to shell out and buy a new handset.  

The screen appears to be  COG (chip on glass) which is a graphical screen and you would need to know the pixel array size and the controller used to ensure you get legible charters.  One other possibility is that Synta had these mass produced under its own specifications and is proprietary to the handset.  this SGL thread provides the part numbers which don't return much information, and if you read the last few posts you can see you are not alone, and that someone tried a similar display which didn't work.   

Seems like such a waste. Had less than an hours use from new. I keep looking out for broken handsets but people seem to want silly money for them. 

3 hours ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

Seems like such a waste. Had less than an hours use from new. I keep looking out for broken handsets but people seem to want silly money for them. 

I agree..  But sadly that's the way things are going... Synta would much rather you buy a new handset than a $20 spare part.   

8 minutes ago, malc-c said:

I agree..  But sadly that's the way things are going... Synta would much rather you buy a new handset than a $20 spare part.   

yeah I think for most manufacturers is that they don't want to end up being stuck with the user support rabbit hole when supplying replacement parts, can understand that in many ways too. User breaks the part they've been sent and wants a free replacement etc, happens with car parts too tho typically those buying them have a reasonable idea of what they're doing. Not suggesting that's not the case here btw, but I've seen many not follow ESD precautions when touching electronics and then blame the part they were fitting for either not working or destroying the main board,