NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Holiday coincidence

Marvin Jenkins

Currently in Malta visiting family. We are staying in an apartment in the Karala district near Valletta.
We have been here a few days and frequenting the local bar, just noticed the name. 
Does this mean I can claim to have photographed an SN? Shame the holiday photo competition is over😂

Marv062676B4-7139-477E-8776-BFF960332078.thumb.jpeg.f3b136fb572f4eb1b99064a24670c698.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

The strangest name for a bar in my recollection was at a small town in inland Spain: The Nagasaki.  Was it named, like yours, for a violent explosion?  There was something unappealing about it, in any event.

Olly

That is awful. Why on earth would you call a bar that?

2 hours ago, Roy Challen said:

That is awful. Why on earth would you call a bar that?

Agreed. I can only guess that the proprietor had once worked in Nagasaki. I once met a bar owner in a god-forsaken corner of the Picos de Europa who proudly announced that he'd worked for 25 years in Matlock Bath. In the poorer parts of Europe lots of folks find work abroad, of course. Indeed I've just had my trailer filled with gravel by an incredibly nice guy from the mountains of eastern Portugal.

Olly

Edited by ollypenrice
typo