SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sh2-132

Rodd

I shot this with the C11 Edge hoping to improve on my TOA 130 image.  Poor seeing prevented it.  Other than FOV and perhaps improved processing techniques, the images are virtually identical.  I hope one day to shoot this target again with the C11Edge under much better conditions..  Question--I used TOA 130 OIII data because I haven't collected OIII data yet with the C11EDge.   Do you think collecting 5-6 hours of OIII with the C11Edge will change this image?  Or should I move on to other targets?

C11Edge and TOA 130 (Ha), C11Edge (SII) TOA 130 (OIII)--about 34 hours

Final5alt5.thumb.jpg.5802c86124a3ccbeb89ffb30a45dc6bc.jpg

Edited by Rodd
  • Like 9

I guess I should clarify.  When I register the TOA 130 image to the C11 image, this ironing in a bit on the TOA image, there is no question the C11 image is superior. Not by all that much, but it is. That could be due to really poor seeing for the TOA image as well as inferior processing skills.  However, the difference is not as great as anticipated, and when viewed at its normal scale, the TOA image is as good (or better). The deficiencies are hidden.   Then again, I guess it’s somewhat like comparing a wide field image with a closer in image.  Can’t really be done unless one of the images is really poor.  So, not sure where that leaves me except I have decided not to collect OIII for this image.  It will have to stand as is

Rodd

sorry but I’m struggling to interpret this sentence?

”When I registerthe TOA 130 image to the C11 image, this ironing in a bit on the TOA image,there is no question the C11 image is superior”

Could you please clarify? 
Cheers 

Bryan 

2 hours ago, assouptro said:

Rodd

sorry but I’m struggling to interpret this sentence?

”When I registerthe TOA 130 image to the C11 image, this ironing in a bit on the TOA image,there is no question the C11 image is superior”

Could you please clarify? 
Cheers 

Bryan 

Wow, cell phone typing at its best!   Sorry about that. I think what I meant to say was….”when I registered the TOA 130 image to the C11 image, thus zooming  in a bit on the TOA image, there is no question the C11 image is superior.”  

when viewed at its natural scale, which is wider field and I  binned it 2x2, so the pixel scale of the TOA image is 1.59.  So it’s not as “in your face”.  Problems are more easily hidden.  Seeing wasn’t particularly good for the TOA shoot either.  In good seeing a TOA image should stand up very well to zooming. 

• Thanks 1