SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

maxbright 2 t2 coupling removal

finally  got my hands on a new baader maxbright 2 after a 2 year wait , first  trying to install the zeiss bayonet the removal tool wont seat in to the coupling nut holes and second which way does it remove clockwise  or anti clockwise love the binoviewer but want to connect to a quick changer

any help will be much appreciated thanks

an

Have you managed to do this yet?

If not then
1. both of the prongs on the removal tool should be inserted into the two holes on coupling
2. press the tool towards the binoviewer... keeping the prongs engaged is more important than anything else
3. keeping inward pressure, add an anti-clockwise twist.  Not too hard and jerky... smooth and continuous pressure is the key.

Good luck.

thanks for that ,i had to file the ends off the removal tool to make it seat, so much easier with quick changer .

i was beginning to think it was the lesser spotted binoviewer  order one early 2020 fianally got a new one

20220917_101319.jpg

On 16/09/2022 at 16:13, graham56 said:

finally  got my hands on a new baader maxbright 2 after a 2 year wait , first  trying to install the zeiss bayonet the removal tool wont seat in to the coupling nut holes and second which way does it remove clockwise  or anti clockwise love the binoviewer but want to connect to a quick changer

any help will be much appreciated thanks

an

Hi, I have just bought myself a new Maxbright II binoviewer as well and I can’t get the Zeiss microbayonet to screw on. I removed the T2 coupling okay but the Zeiss microbayonet won’t screw on. If I put it on backwards it screws on no problem. 🤔

On 21/09/2022 at 16:24, graham56 said:

the bayonet  points out as in my photo at least you got the coupling off i had to file the ends off the tool to remove the coupling

20220921_161541.jpg

Did your bayonet screw on easily enough? Mine seizes after one complete turn! If I turn it around and put it on backwards it screws on no problem.The threads must be askew. I tried to buy one online, but it’s not sold on its own. The Widescreen Centre have ordered a replacement bayonet from Baader.

yes mine screwed on no problem it must be a faulty bayonet hope you get it sorted, nice to get no vignetting on my 30mm ultimas and  40mm 3000,s plossls , the view through my 90mm flourite triplet with 17mm morphs is superb any way good luck getting yours sorted.