Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Small Magellenic Cloud (NGC292)

Paxo

While waiting for the NE England night to get darker and longer, I've been acquiring data from the iTelescope remote imaging system.  This gives a chance to image objects not visible from Northern latitudes, so I decided to go for a widefield image of rthe Small Magellenic Cloud.  The Image below was acquired over two nights, 25th July and 31st July Using the iTelescope remote telescope (T08) at Sliding Spring Observatory, Australia.  This is a Takahashi FSQ 106 EDX4 modified Petzval telescope mounted on a Paramount PME. The imaging camera is an FLI Microline 16803 which has 9micron pixels at a resolution of 4096x4096 pixels.

FSQ 106 EDX4 has a focal length of 530mm and a focal ratio of f5.  A total of 48 x 3 minute exposures were made, 12 each of Luminance, Red, Green and Blue, giving a total exposure of 144 minutes.  Final image processed with Pixinsight and Photoshop.  The image shown here is a rework of the data having found some really useful Pixinsight tutorials on-line.  Out of interest, as a member of iTelescope, they make data sets available twicw a month, they currently have NGC292 available with additional NB data, so that will be my next port of call I think.

Thanks for looking.

Steve

NGC292Rework_small.thumb.png.7bb6b531ad7e1e9f1ba0c3f4570132cc.png

• Like 10

• Paxo changed the title to Small Magellenic Cloud (NGC292)