NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sharpstar 15028hnt first light

assouptro

Hi Starfolk!

I bought a second hand SharpStar 15028hnt from UKABS, I have several scopes and have been imaging for many years now but this is the first time I have used an imaging reflector 

On the 29th of June I took it camping to one of my favourite local(ish) dark skies, not that the sky gets dark at that time of year, a campsite outside of Keswick. The skies were clear on the first night I managed to get 80min of 5 min ha and 60min of 5min Oiii with my atik 460

I was going to gather more data over the next clear night but totally screwed up the collimation and didn't have the correct tools with me to correct this! 😠

I don't normally work with just H+O but that's all I had so here is my first HOO image 

I really needed a bit more data, and my processing is 'basic'

Anyway, enough of the excuses, here is the image of a small section of the Cygnus wall

Thanks for looking 

Cygnus_Wall_HOO_processed_in_Kyloe_final.thumb.jpg.fc073f7040e004c4dc3738a48d485e10.jpg

Bryan

and a starless version 

Cygnus_Wall_HOO_processed_in_Kyloe_final_starless.thumb.jpg.6882fd4a9f28f0157d85b0753d857011.jpg

And a desaturated version...

Cygnus_Wall_HOO_processed_in_Kyloe_final_desaturated.thumb.jpg.b9c2d9ca12cc41a1b867f82daf9a093a.jpg

Edited by assouptro
added data
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, CCD-Freak said:

Great work for your first light night. (^8

I love my SS15028HNT and it is very fun to image at F2.8.

This is only 75 minutes of image data with an ASI533MCp

M45-Cal-Sigma-crop-CB-curves-Sat-Flip-MSDN-CS-DeNoiseAI-low-light-mts-LBL.jpg

SS15028HNT AP900-SRO-2.JPG

Thanks CCD-Freak! 

I have plans to attach a more suitable camera to it and get more data

Btw, you have a serious looking mount there!! 😜

Thanks again 

Bryan 

Looking forward to seeing more of your images as you get the SS15028HNT dialed in.

I recently got an ASI2600MCp and I am planning to shoot several larger objects like M31 this fall.

Yeah I feel lucky to have the AP900GTO mount.  It is "beauty and brawn" and carries whatever I put on it with ease.  It is about the best bit of kit I have ever bought.

IMG_9792 crop sm.JPG

• Like 1