Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M33 - Triangulum galaxy OSC

ONIKKINEN

First DSO light with a new corrector, tuned mount and an OAG instead of a guidescope. 165x60s from SQM 21.0 skies with an 8'' newtonian, paracorr type 2 and a Rising Cam IMX571 OSC camera.

1314103147_M33composite-take2-2resize.thumb.jpg.4cc56797ccf1bcfddb61b829f2ba605d.jpg

I did a bayer split after calibration resulting in 1.5'' per pixel subs, but downsampled a bit later in processing to around 2'' per pixel. The new OAG and tuned mount setup did not improve performance nearly as much as i hoped it would so its a bit softer than i planned for, but still a small upgrade from last year. The corners are also not great which is why i have cropped the image a bit, i am lacking proper adapters and shims to get the backfocus dialed in. Also some tilt/collimation in play, but ill get to that after the backspacing looks better.

Most of the processing in Siril, but later on fiddling with Photoshop too. No starless processing or star reduction, since i think its pointless for this target when most of the interesting things to see are the stars in the galaxy itself.

Thanks for looking, comments and critique welcome of course!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dan_Paris said:

That's a very good picture with a clean and detailed look, well done !

Thank you, much appreciated! The dark skies are to thank for the clean background. Easy to work with data that has no or very little gradient in it.