Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sun in Whitelight 29th August 2022.

Steve Ward

7 minutes ago, Stu said:

Nice shots Steve. Some good visual views here through the 76mm. AR3089 looking very detailed now.

Remind me, what setup are you using these days?

Hi Stu ,

Same old set up as I've been using forever ... well the last ten years ... 🙃

Canon EOS 1000D , Tal 100RS + 1.8x Barlow (self-modified down from 2x to fit the disc full on the chip) , Baader ND3.8 Imaging Film , Oiii filter.

Capturing simply tethered via EOS Utility 2 , focus controlled remotely via one of Dion's (Astronomyshed) Homebrew Focus Controllers (software written by Robin of SharpCap fame) and a Skywatcher focus motor.

Processed using PIPP , AS!3 or Reg5 for stacking , Gimp for tweaking.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

Thanks Steve. Glad you are still using the good old Tal. Do you still have that crazy rig up the side of the house to capture the sun when it is low?

Crazy ... ?   It was only 14' high ... 😆

I've recently moved back into the old family home since losing Mum before Christmas so I'm back imaging from terra firma , I did keep the Oak headpiece for the pier just in case but hopefully my days of dragging the HEQ5Pro up a ladder are gone.

I'm now trying to decide which trees need to get trimmed in order to get a view during the winter months , might just drag a long extension lead across the road though ... !

• Haha 1

I found a couple of Tals on FB marketplace last week for around £150 including the tripods , I didn't go for them as I'm aiming for a 127/1200 or 152/1200 in the near future.

If you know anyone who's after one here's the link .... https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/8067018429982402/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A56da0c42-858d-4b27-8b66-9a96ce55e242