NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Clear nights and four dusty targets - Iris, Seahorse, LBN 534, and some more LBN.

Fegato

For the second year running I feel like I'm getting more hours imaging in the short nights of summer than in the whole of the previous winter. Anyone else feel that?

We've had two runs of 4 or 5 nights that were at least partly moonless in the last 4 weeks here, which has allowed me to set up the rig on the patio on night one and then run an automated schedule on subsequent nights. With some astronomical might to play with and Bortle 3 sky, my targets have mostly been dark and dusty ones, and have got increasingly more obscure!  Here they are - a 2 panel mosaic of the Iris Nebula and surrounding dark and "bright" nebulae, Barnard 150 the Seahorse nebula, LBN 534 in Andromeda, and some dusty stuff (4 in the LBN catalogue) in Draco with a rather bright star Alsafi.

All these with RASA 11 v2 on CEM120, and ZWO ASI2400MC Pro (no filter) - 30 second exposures 1-2 hours each image / panel. More detail on my Astrobin https://www.astrobin.com/users/Fegato/

Iris 220726 DI stretch.jpg

B150 220809 DI1 stretch.jpg

LBN534 220807 DI1 stretch.jpg

LBN465 220806 DI1 stretch.jpg

• Like 21

That is a lovely run Robin of beautiful dark nebulosity, which the RASAs characteristically make to shine! The last two were new to me and now on my list, but I still have to wait a week or two before I can start my RASA season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gorann said:

That is a lovely run Robin of beautiful dark nebulosity, which the RASAs characteristically make to shine! The last two were new to me and now on my list, but I still have to wait a week or two before I can start my RASA season.

Thanks Gorann -  I look forward to seeing you back in action!

• Like 1