NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Firecapture v2.7.10 x64 files missing?

Andy ES

Hi I’ve been experiencing some issues with the above version of firecapture  and wonder if anyone can advise please?

I've downloaded the above after using v2.6 previously.

When I extracted the files they all ran ok and it opened a new setup programme which asked a few set up questions.

When I ran the dummy camera programme I have been receiving error messages such as 

“missing dummy file /test images/Jupiter/Jupiter. ser”

The dummy video does not then show, this is the same for Saturn.

I’ve tried to remove the programme and the old version and download again.

I’ve noticed that the set up programme doesn’t start after a new  install.

Its as if the computer (windows 11) has some sort of memory of the down load previously and doesn’t bother to run the set up programme. 

Not sure why these problems are being exhibited or if they really matter?

Any advise greatly appreciated as usual.

Thanks 👍

Hi, I had the same problem when I updated - Win10 pro 64. I can't remember exactly how I resolved it. There is a folder somewhere with the files for the dummy camera - Mars, Jupiter, Saturn etc. I'm not sure if the files are corrupted or the wrong type. I know I played around a bit and got it working. You can even use your own files from an imaging session if you want something a little more realistic. 

Sorry I can't be more help. I'll have a look at the program tomorrow evening and see if I can remember what I did, if nobody comes back with an answer before then.

• Thanks 1

On 08/08/2022 at 23:20, Stargazer33 said:

There is a folder somewhere with the files for the dummy camera - Mars, Jupiter, Saturn etc. I'm not sure if the files are corrupted or the wrong type.

Thanks Bryan, I’ve copied the test image files from v2.6 into v2.7 but I’m still getting the same errors.