NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Heart and Soul

powerlord

Away in motorhome, 30 mins from my house this weekend at Glevering Estate (see my show us your setup at night post - great place to come for star gazing).

All cloud last night apart from around polaris and heart and soul - so I PAed, and setup for heart and soul. I didn't guide, as experinece has tought me that when it loses stars with clouds it just goes mental and never recovers unless only for a bit - no idea why but whatever equipment I use it does it - so acturate PA and 180 sec subs. L-extreme fitted this time (see my north america nebula post).

This is first light with my newly repaired Redcatv I got from @George Sinanis - having sent it off to ES Reid for repair.  George - you said you'd like to see it working, and ideally on the Heart and Soul Nebula - so last night was for you!

I had a small amount of star trailing at 180 secs with no guiding, but managed to get rid of that. Tonight looks clearer so maybe can guide tonight.

Anyway, what it did show, is that the Redcat is definately working very nicely now - I got 306 mins of subs with my asi2600, redcat and 2" L-extreme - sitting on a 30 year old EQ5 with an astro-gadgets EQ5r pro belt goto servo kit fitted.

Really pleased with the way Redcat is looking. A bit of banding from the asi2600 which I've never had on my asi1600 or asi533 - suppose it's just how it is.

Two versions below - one straight out the stack, natural colours with just a bit of noiseXterminator. One the same, but with the blue's enhanced a bit. No sharpening at all, and just a bit of deconvolution on the stars and dimming them down a bit.

heart_soul.natural.thumb.jpg.caef5db7cfe9aa56e47d580ebb31f489.jpg

heart_soul.enhancedBlue.thumb.jpg.cc0f90fd066ae018fd8c8c92a5e3c9dc.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, powerlord said:

Away in motorhome, 30 mins from my house this weekend at Glevering Estate (see my show us your setup at night post - great place to come for star gazing).

All cloud last night apart from around polaris and heart and soul - so I PAed, and setup for heart and soul. I didn't guide, as experinece has tought me that when it loses stars with clouds it just goes mental and never recovers unless only for a bit - no idea why but whatever equipment I use it does it - so acturate PA and 180 sec subs. L-extreme fitted this time (see my north america nebula post).

This is first light with my newly repaired Redcatv I got from @George Sinanis - having sent it off to ES Reid for repair.  George - you said you'd like to see it working, and ideally on the Heart and Soul Nebula - so last night was for you!

I had a small amount of star trailing at 180 secs with no guiding, but managed to get rid of that. Tonight looks clearer so maybe can guide tonight.

Anyway, what it did show, is that the Redcat is definately working very nicely now - I got 306 mins of subs with my asi2600, redcat and 2" L-extreme - sitting on a 30 year old EQ5 with an astro-gadgets EQ5r pro belt goto servo kit fitted.

Really pleased with the way Redcat is looking. A bit of banding from the asi2600 which I've never had on my asi1600 or asi533 - suppose it's just how it is.

Two versions below - one straight out the stack, natural colours with just a bit of noiseXterminator. One the same, but with the blue's enhanced a bit. No sharpening at all, and just a bit of deconvolution on the stars and dimming them down a bit.

heart_soul.natural.thumb.jpg.caef5db7cfe9aa56e47d580ebb31f489.jpg

heart_soul.enhancedBlue.thumb.jpg.cc0f90fd066ae018fd8c8c92a5e3c9dc.jpg

This is absolutely beautiful and I cannot express how happy I am to see the RedCat delivering such a great image. It is like new! Thank you @powerlordfor remembering 🙂

• 1 month later...