Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CEM60 mounting studs and "nuts"

iandh

Hi Guys,

I recently purchased a second-hand CEM60 mount but it looks like seller did not give me the mounting studs and "nuts".

I have just gone to attach the head to the IOptron tripod and can't.

Does anybody know what thread size the studs should be as it looks like I might have to use ordinary bolts.

Having measured the hole in the mount it looks like the lower thread that fits into the tripod head may be M8, assuming its metric.

Hopefully the top thread is the same.

Thanks 

Hi,

Yes those are  the bolts I was referring to, thanks. 
The originals are actually studs with a short unthreaded section in the middle for the Az. adjustment bolts to bear down on.  They have a threaded top that  then takes a top hat "Nut" with holes in that is tightened with the locking bar that is stored on the mount.

I have now sourced some M8 x 50mm stainless steel bolts from Screwfix that work quite well thanks. They needed to be non-magnetic as they are very close to the in-built compass.

Regards

Ian

Hi Guys,

I have now found what appear to be the CEM60 mounting studs and locking nuts. The guy I bought the mount off had left them in  the pier mounting plate that I am not currently using as I am using the iOptron 2" tripod for field trips.

Interestingly, the 8mm x 50mm stainless steel bolts that I bought from Screwfix are non magnetic and therefore do not affect the in-built compass whereas the iOptron studs are mildly magnetic and therefore appear to affect the compass slightly. I assume this is due to the different qualities of stainless.

Thanks for your help.