Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn March 20 2009

Brinders

Seeing was even worse than my last attempt on March 10th, but a least there was less turbulence in the atmosphere this time meaning that the image was reasonably still on the laptop. However, trying to upscale the image using a TAL 2 X barlow meant an unacceptable loss of resolution. So the image presented here is the best I could do at prime focus on a Celestron 9.25 SCT captured using a Celestron Neximage CCD with a Skywatcher LP filter and Atik IR block filter. 999 frames captured using wxAstro Capture and all frames stacked and post processed in Registax 5.

Not in the same league as Starman's but hey ho!

Brinders

post-13640-133877361764_thumb.jpg

It's all yours Brinders, and a goodly image it is too. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say nobody judges anybody's Images, except on a Sunday, when Appointed Mod. and Admin select SGL'S POTW.

And even then, the points considered are the experience of the Imager, the equipment he used, and the target itself.

It's a very fair set of criteria, and the person with a 50mm camera lens, has as much chance to win, as the person with a C14 and top of the range CCD camera etc.

Your Image and setup, will be considered along with everyone elses images this week.

I know you are aware of all this, but it is a reminder for anyone who may think they don't have a chance because their stuff isn't good enough.

Ron.

Archived