Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Zennox 76x700 eyepiece search

Hello! New here, so forgive me if this seems obvious. 

I recently bought a Zennox 76x700 (If memory serves) on FB marketplace for a fiver - the only issue is it appears to be missing the eyepieces. I've heard tell that they're not a standard size (30mm?) Where should I be going to look for replacements, and what am I looking for? 

As a side note, I'm very much cutting my teeth with this scope - I'm aware it has spectacularly bad reviews, but for a fiver I thought I'd chance it! 

Best to measure the bore of the focuser drawtube and determine if it is 1.25 inch or 0.965 inch. The smaller are the older eyepiece size and are much harder to come by good examples of now. There's a lot of cheap ones that would be of poor quality in terms of the view they'd give, typically H20 H12 and SR4 in plastic bodies. If you shop around on ebay and astro sales sites you may well find some more decent ones, circle-T or V should be good if you can find them but they probably won't be cheap.

You can get 0.965 to 1.25 adaptors to enable the use of the current modern eyepieces, but a lot will depend on the focuser being able to be racked in far enough to reach focus, quite likely it can't.

Edited by DaveL59

in case you can't find any eyepieces and just want to get the scope usable regardless, these would work (0.965 fit)

0.965 Inch Telescope Accessory Kit For 0.965 Astronomical Telescope With Three Eyepieces One Diagonal 3x Barlow Lens Moon Filter - Telescope - AliExpress

If you shop around on Ali you can find H20/12.5/6mm. You won't need the diagonal on a reflector of course and the SR4mm is pretty much junk so perhaps buy a set with just the H20-12.5-6 and maybe a barlow. Better would be to find Ortho's but they're more rare and likely not cheap. With the above tho at least you'll have the eyepieces to use and pretty much exact same ones the scope would've come with from new.