NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Coronado II 60mm Solar Telescope------Problem

I have a problem with my Coronado II 60mm Solar Telescope.  The images of the sun are very dark and there is little detail. I have looked at the diagonal and the main lens and they are both clear, unmarked and not suffering crazing. Does anyone know of someone in the UK who could look at the scope and if necessary fix it?? Thanks for any help.

Edited by George 47

If it's anything like the PST did you check the blue/green coloured ITF filter? They are subject to clouding/mould yellowing like patterns due to moisture and will need replacing.

• Like 1

• George 47 changed the title to Coronado II 60mm Solar Telescope------Problem

The older versions of PST and some lunt versions have problems such as you describe with the ITF... Lunt will replace it foc... With a PST you can replace it with a maier or Beloptik .. as Coronado are owned by Meade it maybe worth sending them a email, I think Flo are a Meade dealer

Seems odd that the images are dim but the filters clear