NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Barnard's E

Wiu-Wiu

I just got back from a deepsky trip at the Rooisand farm in Namibia. By far the best sky I have ever seen! Absolutely NO lightpollution, good transparency, and when the wind played nicely, excellent seeing. We had 10 nights under these skies, with 10+ hours of astro darkness. Needless to say I have A LOT of data to process. 

The final object I shot, was this dark nebula. I processed it first, as all other dark nebulae I shot, are mosaic projects. And I need to sleep :D 

Only 3 hours, from 3 to 6 am. NO filter, straight from the camera. 36x300s, TS100Q, EQ8. 

1474970241_BarnardE2022060436x300TS100Qasi071.thumb.jpg.cce9b5be3b536a2ccde8177f7730f93a.jpg

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, Mr Spock said:

So many stars! Oh how I wish for skies like that! Great image 👍

Thank you - I've always wanted to get under these kind of skies. I was not disappointed! 

Winter just started now, and they still had some spots free. I kid you not - this is a perfect place! You'll find more info on deespkysafaris.com 

Man, that sounds like AP paradise!

I don’t think that I have ever seen that many stars. The dark nebulae is very clearly defined.

Awesome! Beautiful image!

Jim

• Like 1