Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

OVL 32mm Panaview SWA 2"

I saw one of the above for sale this morning on UKABS for an extremely low price, an utter bargain..

If you bought this, congratulations!

As I owned one of these some years ago, let me just warn you not to try to disassemble the lenses inside for cleaning or just for curiosity!

..there are a number of elements in this eyepiece and the bottom black section of the body is ALL that holds all these elements in place..

I learned the hard way when I had one and they all crashed out, onto the (hard) floor, wrecked!!🤦🤪😱

It's a nice starter  widefield 2" eyepiece and at £29 a total bargain.. so, leave it intact, learn from my mistake and enjoy it!😂👍

Dave

Edited by F15Rules
  • Like 1

• F15Rules changed the title to OVL 32mm Panaview SWA 2"

Just seen it too, possibly looking to buy it if it hasn't gone already (unlikely isn't it). Just wondering if I do get it, do you have any experience switching between 2" and 1.25"? Does it get so annoying that you end up not using one or the other? Very new to all this! 

Thanks

Ross

Hi Ross,

Yes, it went very quickly..

Yes, I have both 2" and 1.25" eyepieces, some if which have barrels which can be used in both 2" and 1.25" mode.

It would be helpful to know what scope you have before giving any more specific advice.. feel free to send me a private message and I and I'll help if I can..

Dave